This recipe originates here for me.
- 10 – 12 skewers
- 1 kg chicken cut into 3 cm – 4 cm pieces
- 10 cloves minced garlic
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) oregano
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) rosemary
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) paprika
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Some dry white wine?
Leave the chicken in the marinade for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. Soak the skewers for 30+ minutes.
Step 1: cut the chicken
Make it into souvlaki size, probably 3 cm – 4 cm chunks.
Step 2: make the marinade
Combine all the ingredients.
Step 3: let it sit
If you didn’t take the above step literally, as the chicken to them marinade now. Set it in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
Step 4: soak and poke
Soke the skewers for 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Load the skewers with chicken.
Step 5: cook
Cook the chicken then eat it. If using the BBQ on high, cooking takes about 5 minutes. Brush with more marinade during cooking if you are fancy.