I have been using this gps thinger for a while now. I think it is time to look at some data.
Yesterday I did 5.9 km. I tried to hold a steady pace all the way through. My average pace was 4:41 /km. The entire run is shown below.
I have noted why there are some of the spikes. (A spike in pace is me slowing down; it takes more time per km) All in all, I thought it went fairly well. Then I looked at the heart rate data. I think the phrase “oh shit” applies.
That enormous double spike in my heart rate is on the Cambie St bridge. The first one is definitely on an uphill but the second one (228 bpm!) is either right near the crest or is actually on the downhill. I am confused. I don’t recall any odd feelings. Maybe I got scared by something. That does happen sometimes.
Today I ran 12.1 km at an average pace of 5:19 /km; much more relaxed. Again, pace spikes are noted on the image.
A few more statistics:
– yesterday my blog got its 1000th view
– since I started running my weight has gone from 70 kg down to 68.2 kg (I need to eat more food!)
– I have run more than 100 km since March 21
– I have completed the running for more than 20% of money pledged
– Saturday I will drink 5 beers